Taste Rich Ambur Chicken Biryani in easy steps here,
- Bay Leaves (2 nos.)
- Big Onions (Sliced – 2 nos.)
- Big Tomato (Chopped – 1 no.)
- Cardamom (2 nos.)
- Cinnamon Stick (1 no.)
- Cloves (3 nos.)
- Coriander Leaves (Chopped – Few)
- Ghee / Clarified Butter (1 Teaspoon)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (1 Teaspoon)
- Lime Juice (1 Teaspoon)
- Mint Leaves (Chopped – Few)
- Oil (2 Teaspoons)
- Red Chilli Powder (2 Teaspoons)
- Saunf (1 Teaspoon)
- Seeraga Samba / Small Grain Rice (1 Cup)
- Skinless Chicken (1/2 kg)
- Thick Curd / Yogurt (1 Teaspoon)
Step 1: Cook the Chicken
Saute the following nicely on the hot oil and ghee,
- Cinnamon stick
- Bay Leaves
Add a drop of curd and stir it then add a tablespoon of ginger garlic paste and stir a little. Now add the skinless chicken and saute it nicely, then add red chill powder, onion, tomato and stir it nicely (tomato need to be smashed). Finally, add the mint and coriander leaves.
Then add the curd to make the chicken soft, lime juice and mix it well also add the required amount of salt to it. Then close the lid and cook it for 5 mins.
Step 2: Add the Half-Cooked Salted Rice
Add the salt and half cook the Samba Rice then drain off the extra water from it. Simultaneously add 1/4 Cup of hot water and mix the chicken well then close lid for some time.
Now add half cooked rice to the chicken when the chicken gravy becomes little thick and stir them well without breaking the rice grains.
Step 3: Final / Dum
Seal the lid by sticking it with some big foil to restrict the steam from escaping and place it on a very slow flame. Ideally place this vessel on top of another flat pan or tawa, so that the bottom of the pan doesn’t come in direct contact with the heat source. And cook it for 15 mins then add fried onions on top.
The Taste Rich Ambur Chicken Biryani is ready now, so serve them with raita.
Get Fresh Meat at your doorstep from Chef & Butcher,
Bannerghatta Rd. / Nobonagar Outlet : +91 888 46 333 42
DLF Newtown / Akshayanagar Outlet : +91 888 444 1505
Electronic City Outlet : +91 8884 9992 44
Kadugodi / Whitefield Outlet : +91 888 448 5550
Panathur / Kadubeesanahalli : +91 888 447 5550
Special Note :
- The number of tomatoes should always be lesser than that of the onions.
- Marinate the chicken with curd for 30 minutes to make it soft.
- Don’t add too much of spices.
- Don’t add the rice when there is lots of water in the chicken.
- Add salt separately for the rice and also for the gravy.
- No Green Chillies, Turmeric Powder and Basmati / Long Grain Rice.